Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
2912 Executive Pkwy
Lehi, UT 84043
For inquiries please contact:
PO Box 980068, Park City, UT 84098
All applications are to be made online; http://epraxis.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a27p0jjbd2eu
Evelar Solar has an immediate need for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who is entrepreneurial, talented, and progressive. The CTO will join the Evelar Executive Management Committee and drive technology innovation, operations efficiency, and superior customer experience capabilities for the company in 2018 and beyond. The CTO is responsible for all technology systems, processes, software design and development within the company. The right CTO will be a blend of an entrepreneurial start-up CTO (being able and capable of designing and developing technology solutions themselves and by teams they manage), and they will possess and demonstrate an abundance of maturity of leadership and forethought to balance the requirements of internal software development to build Evelar’s unique technology advantages, while leveraging COTS and SaaS partner tools and technology where it is more cost effective.
If you are the CTO candidate we seek, please apply; alternately, if you know the CTO candidate we should be seeking, please forward the attached CTO job description to them immediately.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Position Description:
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is a key member of the Evelar Executive Management Committee. The CTO oversees the firm’s technology development and technology utilization plan, managing all information technology resources of the company. The CTO reports to the company Evelar CEO.
The CTO has primary day-to-day responsibility for technology management of business operations in terms of planning, developing, implementing, managing, growing, and maintaining availability, efficiency, profitability and financial viability of all technology related components within the company.
The CTO’s general duties include responsibility for development, execution, and management of the company’s technology road map and development plan; including technology to coordinate all activities from accounting software, finance, project management, logistics, installation, operations, security, transportation, eCommerce, and website integrations.
The successful candidate must demonstrate and an ability to work with and through other people (the executive committee, team members, remotely distributed team members, subcontractors, and vendors) to achieve desired results.
The ideal CTO candidate will possess leadership skills and communications methods that will enable them to work effectively and accountably with other departments (the executive committee, finance, sales, operations, etc.) to achieve financial results.
The CTO must have the demonstrated experience to incorporate commercial off the shelf (COTS) technologies with bespoke custom applications development when no current software solution is available. The ideal candidate will have the look and feel of a start-up technology CTO with capability and interest to develop technology internally, but with the wisdom to always use COTS product, other party SasS tools, API’s, when a simpler and more efficient solution is available.
We are hiring a CTO to build out our technology roadmap to improve our customer experience, sales, project management, installation design and installation service, logistics, operational efficiency, and leadership in the competitive landscape of our market.
The CTO must have experience anticipating and managing major technology sea changes, with forethought to advise senior management on changes necessary to ensure company leadership in the competitive landscape for 2018 and beyond.
The CTO will establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operation.
Finally, while all of the above describes the job requirements, Evelar is most interested in finding a suitable candidate that possesses the needed behavioral traits identified below.
Desired CTO Behavioral Traits:
- Wicked Smart. You are smart. You have keen intellect, wisdom, forethought, and perception not possessed by most. You have emotional intelligence and are sufficiently humble to work with others and add great value to the team.
- High Accountable. You are a self-starter, self-motivated, take responsibility for you and your team-members actions, goals, and objectives, and you get things done.
- Passionate Achiever. You have a demonstrated knack for identifying and tackling ‘hard problems,’ thinking creatively, using existing resources, and getting things done. You stay current on technology and are passionate about figuring out how to make processes, systems, functions, and experiences better.
- Strategic thinker and planner. Soon after starting this position, the CTO will review and update the company technology road map. The right CTO candidate will have demonstrated experience successfully identifying needs, preparing plans, and subsequently managing operational, logistical, support, reflecting the full stack technology requirements of the firm.
- Organized and detail oriented. The position requires significant planning, organization, and oversight over projects, people, and processes. The right candidate will have an abundance of experience in time management, project management, and software development. Note, Evelar uses a modified Agile SCRUM process with daily stand-up huddles and weekly sprints.
- Work ethic. You work hard and smart. You leverage your time and resources. You achieve more than most during your day. You are focused on results and not clock-watching, realizing that as the CTO that there are times that will require greater levels of time commitment to ensure desired outcomes, and that delivering results is the measure of performance.
- Life-Long Learner. You have natural curiosity about life, technology, people, and solving problems. You are not a know-it-all, but rather a seeker of new information, realizing that there is always more to be learned, and that constant vigilance to keep up with regulations, compliance, and industry best practices is their norm.
- Communicator. You can communicate simply, clearly, and understandably to all parties. You must be able to bridge the gap of knowledge and speak on IT related issues clearly, lucidly, and simply to the management team and direct reports. Communicating also includes preparing reports and deliverables that show progress on the technology road map, preparing dash boards to communicate complex issues, and keeping management abreast of key technology and support issues impacting the firm.
- People oriented. You like people, and realize that it is through people that great work gets done. You realize that “all of us are smarter than one of us,” and only a great team can deliver sustainable results. Your prior employees will say you were a joy to work for, and they would want to work for you again.
- Fun to work with, ‘not a Debbie-downer,’ rather being a leader with that inspires, encourages, and uplifts employees to higher levels of performance. Someone who can inspire greatness from their peers and team members.
The Technology Ecosystem and Development Environment at Evelar
- MS Office 365
- Agile Scrum (modified) with daily stand-up huddles and weekly sprints.
- Tools and services used: KNACK, Json, Zapier, API integrations of many types.
- Microsoft based tools with ASP.net, SQL
- AWS (including AWS Beanstock)
- Integration of multiple 3rd party technologies (many tools used throughout the enterprise from accounting, project management, HR, testing, and general office support)
- UI experience
- Mobile app development (android and apple)
- Other: the company uses .Net, C#, SQL Server, MongoDB, Solr, jQuery, Angular, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Grunt/Gulp, Node.JS, Java/C
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 10+ years in technology related positions, working with technologies similar to those used in our field. The ideal candidate will have technology application and support experiencing servicing the construction, re-construction, and/or engineering fields.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- MBA or management of information technology graduate degree preferred, though not required.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility, be self-governing, be proactive, and responsible for accomplishment of the company mission without need for daily coaching or prompting from the President.
- Experience with the full stack of web development; pasrt experience with ecommerce a plus.
- Demonstrated history of good employee relations in past position a must.
- Ability to deliver results while working through others, and motivate a team culture that is respectful and supports the company values of excellence, integrity, and quality experience for our customers.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
Knowledge & Computer Experience
- Experience managing teams and developing technology solutions for enterprises.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Experience managing web application development, site optimization, and technologies to improve customer attraction and stickiness.
- Experience in start-up technology companies, or in companies that have implemented enterprise wide technology changes.
- Experience with conversion of paper flow processes, and migration to electronic paperless work flow processes.
- Experience with integration of hand held technology appliances into the distributed workplace preferred.
- Experience with automated vehicle location tracking and routing optimization, preferred.
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework preferred
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop technology build specifications.
- Skill and experience with: .Net, C#, SQL Server, MongoDB, Solr, jQuery, Angular, AWS, IIS, GitHub, Grunt/Gulp, Node.JS, Java/C
Knowledge of web standards.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization; i.e., inbound marketing
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
Salary is competitive, negotiable and commensurate with ability and experience. Benefits package is typical of other benefit packages for chief executives in Utah.
The CTO position is available immediately with an expected start in Q1-2018. While speedy placement is desirable, it is Evelar’s objective to take the time necessary to find the best available candidate for this position. Evelar realizes that the “right” candidate is likely to be working for another firm, and we are willing to work with you to make a smooth transition, as we expect the same from our outgoing employees.
Evelar Solar is a national commercial and residential solar installation company that is rapidly growing, technologically advanced, with an entrepreneurial leadership team with high growth INC 500 experience. Evelar’s people provide the culture, innovation, project management, and customer experience to sustain the company’s high growth trajectory. Evelar’s leading-edge in-house developed ERP software tools give customers peace of mind, help management manage projects through the lifecycle of the design/build process, and drive efficiencies throughout the system, giving the company a significant competitive advantage over rivals in the industry. Importantly, Evelar’s business model is intentionally designed to operate efficiently and profitably in an environment of diminishing governmental subsidies, giving the company resilience, sustainability, and a significant competitive advantage over its peers.
Evelar’s CEO recognizes that the future of the company is only as good as its people, technology, and customer experience. Heretofore, Evelar’s CEO, as a technologist, has mapped out the technology road map and led company efforts in technology adoption and utilization. The company has grown significantly, and Evelar’s CEO is now looking for an outstanding early stage CTO who can embrace the CEO’s vision, and take over the ecosystem of technology at Evelar; i.e., build-out Evelar’s technology road map and manage all aspects of technology within the company.